2010/05/01

Scaring Future ~

Hello.
This's been a terrible day.
There is no reason.. maybe.
Actually, my mother sucks me.
Today some friends came to visit us for lunch. They come here every year and I really like them.
They asked me what I'm going to do after high school, but I said I don't know cause I like many things.
My mother started talking: "Ah, he's studying Japanese, you know?! He's passed JLPT 4th level!" and then "But he won't attend a language university.. he's more keen on science.. yeah".
Friend: "Ah really? I think he'd be good in languages too!"
Mother: "That's not right. He isn't good in humanistic subjects. He prefers scientific subjects."
My sister: "But, at university you decide to do what you like! Even if he's really keen on scientific things, I think he'll succeed in languages too."
Mother: "Mmh.. but he said he would like to become a doctor!"

...

Now.. What do you know about it?!! Nothing, mum!
Nobody of the family knows that I've a dream, that I'd like to go studying in Japan after high school, that I'd like to become a great flautist or that I may like to be a teacher!
IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO IN MY FUTURE, HOW CAN YOU CLAIM TO KNOW IT?
You're incredible, mum! You're going saying things that are false! To my teachers, to my friends, to other people I know.

My mind isn't clear enough to decide what will be my choice about future.
And this get my day a totally disaster.

I think that's what make me so angry today.
Another sentence that make me nervous was: "But, if he'll study languages.. there are no many jobs.." and then she say also "my daughter studied Biotecnology and now she can't find a job".
So, she said two contrasting things! And she claims to be on the right side!

I don't know what to decide, I don't know how to decide.
----------------------------------------------------------
P.S: Please, add yourself in "Lettori fissi" if you want to follow my blog (: Thanks! [Dabi, I don't see you in Lettori fissi even if you said you added yourself there, boh!]

13 commenti:

  1. Oh!

    It seems you have been really pushed on nerves >< I can somehow understand how you feel.

    Some years ago, when I was in transition between the ideas of becoming an engineer or studying about Japan, my mother was still pretty convinced about my idea of becoming an engeneer. So she used to tell it to everybody.

    Well, after all I didn't mind even if she was telling everybody this. Maybe, my mother was just saying it with less stubborness than your mom...

    However, I think you shouldn't be so concerned in such situations. Chosing your own future path is one of the most important decisions to take in you life, so I think you shouldn't feel pressed even if your mother has her strongs ideas about you.

    As for I believe I can say, your parents are quite open minded people, so eventually they will let you chose what you like the best. Just let them know that you still have to think about much more about your future.

    Btw, why I'm writing this comment in my rotten English? Hope you can understand something xD


    Then, don't feel in a hurry and don't let other people to make you upset because of future concerns. Just be at peace!

    [ io mi vedo in lettori fissi °_°]

    RispondiElimina
  2. You're right, but.. It's quite difficult.
    You know, I'm the first person who makes problem about this topic.My mother increses them! WaaH!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Staai calmo! *ohmmm ohmmm ohmmm* un po' di yoga!
    Secondo me se ti fai vedere irritato davanti a tua mamma non aiuta...

    Al contrario, se ti dimostri tranquillo e certo della tua scelta ( che lo so, al momento ancora non hai fatto, ma te devi dimostrare a lei di essere convinto) anche lei inizierà a smettere di fare così.

    RispondiElimina
  4. MY PARENTS ACT EXACTLY THE SAME WAY AS YOUR MOM.


    "Ali, what will you be in the future?"
    "Mom, Dad, I have already said that I wanna study psychology"
    "Oh darling... It's not meat, but it's not also fish!" (ehm, modo di dire intraducibile XD non è nè carne nè pesce ._.)
    "?"
    "Don't you wanna become a doctor?"
    "No, mom, I'm not going to study medicine"
    "Ohhh, why not?"
    "I. DON'T. WANT. YOU WANT ME TO STUDY IT, BUT IT'S NOT WHAT I WANNA DO"
    (and everytime they can, they say things like "ohhh, I would be very very happy if you became a famous doctor")
    "Yes, but psychology will not give you a job"
    "So what? I will search and find"
    "Well... If you decide to study languages at Ca Foscari, like that friend of yours... Maybe I can find a job for you as a translator there in Venice, in Marsilio"
    "NO, DAD, I don't wanna to study languages anymore. It's not my way"
    "And what about literature?"
    "DAD, I DON'T WANT"

    Alla fine mi ha semi convinta su lettere, visto che poi potrei dedicarmi ad un lavoro che mi piacerebbe un sacco, ovvero lavorare per una casa editrice come editor. Il che comporterebbe leggere un sacco di libri e dire "questo lo potremmo pubblicare" "questo no".
    Mah...

    RispondiElimina
  5. Io sono convinto che tutti noi dovremmo sentirci liberi di scegliere, e anzi, DOBBIAMO fare in modo di ottenere questa libertà. La nostra vita è una sola, e abbiamo il diritto di poter viverla come vogliamo.

    RispondiElimina
  6. Scusa Dabi, ma non posso fingere di saper cosa fare.. non posso dirle: "Io so già cosa fare!! E non è quello che dici tu"; perché io non escludo nemmeno quello che dice lei XD

    Ma sì, io sicuramente alla fine farò ciò che vorrò.. e i miei me lo lasceranno fare di sicuro. Non smetteranno mai di brontolare una volta che ho deciso.. Ma non è questo il punto! Il fatto è che io non ho ancora deciso! Una volta deciso, allora tiro dritto per ciò che veramente voglio fare.. ma se non ho deciso e ho intorno gente che si spaccia per me dicendo che so già l'area in cui voglio dedicarmi per il resto della vita.. mmh, nervi uòù

    Ali! Fai quello che ti senti di fare!
    E se sei indecisa tra lettere e psicologia, pensaci con il tempo.. vedrai che prima o poi capirai cosa vorrai veramente.
    Certo è che se abbiamo dei rompicazzo che continuano a spaccare, la cosa diventa molto ma molto più complessa..

    Che poi, consigli mi stanno bene.. e anche la classica frase "io ti ci vedrei bene a fare..".. ma andare in giro a sbandierare cose che non sono vere, GRR!

    RispondiElimina
  7. Eh allora fallelo capire esplicitamente che finché non hai deciso lei deve stare zitta xD

    RispondiElimina
  8. Eh, l'unica cosa è che, APPUNTO, i miei ci tengono a dire a chiunque e con chiunque intendo proprio CHIUNQUE, che la loro piccolina diventerà una fantastica dottoressa a Borgo Roma.
    NO.
    u_u

    RispondiElimina
  9. L'importante è quello Ali u__u Se tu sai già che non vorrai diventarlo, a meno che sia tu stessa a cambiare idea, non ascoltarli u__u

    RispondiElimina
  10. Esatto, fregatene! L'importante è non sentirsi pressati dalle aspettative altrui. Bisogna ascoltare le proprie, non le altrui.

    RispondiElimina
  11. Sorry, my English skill is poor,so maybe I didin't understand all...
    We have same problems.these are too hard to slove.
    But we must overcome.
    We can break big wall!! ;) hehe

    RispondiElimina
  12. Thank you Maho!!
    We'll break that wall!
    Please, keep on staying on my side! We'll support each other! :)

    RispondiElimina
  13. Of course^^
    I'm on the side of you.
    I help you,you help me...that's great!

    RispondiElimina